Monday, December 19, 2011

Out.

Welp...I informed the RS pres today that I want to be released from my callings. I wimped out and emailed her instead of calling her. She's braver. She called me. She was surprisingly cool about it (what did I expect?) and very kind. We've been on the radar, so I know it wasn't a surprise to her. I was already becoming a project for them. We had a very short, but very sweet conversation. I'm pretty happy with my exit.

Husband's, on the other hand, wasn't quite so smooth. Yesterday was to be his last day teaching. He showed up to teach and got told that someone else would be teaching his class instead. The bishopric was supposed to have told him prior to yesterday, and no one did. Not cool. Some of his kids were already in the class when the SS pres told him they had another teacher for him. So off he went. He wasn't happy about it.

But, now life can go on. It won't be long till I've handed off the stuff pertaining to my calling, and then we are free. We're not turning away home or visiting teachers at this point, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway. I look forward to feeling better about this than I do right now. It is worth mourning, but I don't want to. I just want to replace it and get on with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment